Friday, 14 November 2014

Doors

After getting the wheels to properly spin, turn and have their suspension working I turned my attention to getting the doors to work. First I went through the geometry and grouped up the door geometry. When I had got it all together I made another controller and put it into the right position ready for the constraint.



I then positioned the pivot point into the correct place which would be at the front area of the door where it connects to the car which would be where the hinges are on a real car. After this I constrained the controller onto the door onto the Y axis and then limited it so that it would only open to a certain way to mimic a real car. In addition to this I also limited the doors so that you wouldn't be able to rotate the doors into the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment