To rig a human body you first need to put the bones throughout the body in there correct place starting from hips. I first made the leg and then duplicated them over for the other leg and then parented the hip joints to the lowest spine joint. For personal preference I also have added an extra joint in the place of the tail bone which is there so that I can easily select all the bones and acts a parent bone.
When I have properly positioned the bones I then went onto correctly naming each bone so that when putting the controllers and constraints I knew which bone was which, in the later stages of the rigging process this really helped.
I took special care when putting in the bones for the hands so that I could put them in the right place concerning the mesh.



No comments:
Post a Comment